3 year old child, slight cough, no fever. Tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy done. Treatment?

My 3 year old had tosillectomy adenoidectomy and grommets 7 days ago recovery has been fine with anti inflammatory and Panadol Two days ago he developed a mucousy (chesty sounding) slight cough worse after food It doesnt affect him at night and he doesnt have fever , but it present all day while he is upright Should I get him checked?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The cough may be due to some local irritation in the throat.
You can start a prescribed cough syrup containing mucolytic and expectorant.
But examination of the throat and lungs is important to find out the cause of cough.
So consult your doctor for the examination and for the appropriate medication for his cough.
Hope I have answered your query.