3 year old child, had an accident, got a cut mark on forehead, stitches on face. Prescribed mederma gel, mark still present. Treatment?

My 3 year old daughter met with an accident and had a cut mark on her forehead . She got 1 switch.but still she has a cut mark on her face. The Dr. recommended MEDERMA GEL to remove the cut mark but still she has the mark on her face after 2 month. please suggest me a good cream which can work to remove the cut mark. Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
There are many scar gels available in the market. They show variable response in different patients. For some they may work well, while others may not show any improvement. So don't be disheartened. Anyways these gels take a long time to act and even application for 4-6 months may be required. Then there is a very particular way to apply them and random application defeats the purpose. It is better that you consult a plastic or pediatric surgeon to learn the right way to apply them. Even then if does not work, laser treatment helps in getting rid of the scars or at least hiding them. Scar revision surgeries are also existent but depends on the scar. But remember whatever ointment or surgery, a faint mark always remains. It may not be very obvious but no one recreate what God had created. But it is not bad either because the mark is hardly visible.
Hope that helps
God bless you