3 year old. Rashes on lip, chin, scaly and dry. Is it allergy?

My 3 1/2 year old daughter has had an on-again/off-again rash on her lip and chin (about 4-5 times within the past year). It is scaly and dry and may last for days at a time. It always comes back in the same place. No one in our family has ever had a fever blister or cold sore , but it almost looks like that is what she sometimes has on her lip, but I have no idea what this rash is on her chin. Could this be a result of a food allergy . In looking online, we have fed her all the common food allergy foods (wheat, dairy, nuts , fish, red dye foods, etc...) and wonder if maybe she has an allergy to something? Any advice will be helpful!
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013