3 year old. Blisters on leg, hand, turning red, gets brown on on scratching. Had insect bite. What treatment can be done?

Hi, my 3 year old son got small skin colored blisters on his legs and hands (the areas exposed only), which were itchy and which slowly turned red. He scratched them and now they have turned dark brown. the blisters are not going. He did get some insect bites and he is sensitive to them. He has papular articaria, but the eruptions on his legs and hands are different this time. we applied calamine etc but of no help. Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012