3 year ago my own aorta valve was replacedby a mechanical one due to (aorta stenosis). Can i get pain?

3 year ago my own aorta valve was replacedby a mechanical one due to (aorta stenosis) Now it has happened all over again. So both my Dr and surgeon say that if I get pains in the chest or get breathless Im to go straight to hospital. But I want to know why bother, as they will stabilize me and send me home for it to happen all over again, till they are ready to do something about it. So whats the point I may as well not bother, since Im already struggling just to get around, and have been ever since the first operation. I seem to be deteioating fast but nothing I can do about it. I am almost 58. and there is nothing I can do to stop the stenosis, so why bother?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009