3 week boy, blister around genitals, belly button. Stopped giving desitin. Suggestions?

I have a 3 week old little boy. Four days ago, I noticed a blister around his genital area. I thought it was an allergic reaction to Desitin because I just used Desitin on him for the first time the day before. So I stopped using Desitin and just in case, changed the diaper brand. It cleared up for a couple of days and now today, he woke up with one on his belly button and two other on his genital area. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Hi dear
Welcome to the Health Care Magic
Blister around genitalia and umbilicus could be infected pustules .Requires cleaning with some antiseptics lotion. If whitish fluid filled pustules, then one may require some antibiotic also,.
Hope things may be ok after proper cleaning with spirit etc.
Thanks