3 months baby suffering from brain fever

Hi, my sister s daughter only 3 months now. she suffering from brain fever . she admitted the hospital. is it dangerous?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011
hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Yes..Brain fever is usually of serious concern. She needs ICU care with IV antibiotics.
Hopefully she is being taken care well..
Hope this helps.
take care..
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Ravishangar, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
What other symptoms doe she have? Is she running high temperature along with seizures (Fits)? She has a Infection and Proper care has not been taken to control the body temperature. It is not as serious as it may look, but with Proper and vigorous treatment with antibiotics, anti pyretics and IV Fluids the symptoms will come down gradually. Do Tepid sponging to bring down the temperature, as many times as possible.
Good Luck.
Not high temperature. She has flem. GH made Lumbar puncture test and CT scan of brain . But doctors advised my sister to stay 2 weeks at hospital. she need to take 14 injections.
Thank you for your kind reply