3 month old has bulged right side tummy, sinked left side, ditch from diaphragm to belly button. Anything to worry

i have a niece that is 3 months. ive noticed that her right side of her tummy bulges out (very noticeable) and the left side sinks in, plus down the middle from the diaphram to the belly button has a groove like a ditch to say. sorry i had to describe like this. these observations i see is when the baby is laying on her back, whether topless or a hugging onsie. I still can see and feel it. anything to worry about, because i told my brother about it and the mom, but she seems not worry much.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013

Thank you for your query.

An infant's abodminal muscles are not fully developed and hence you are seeing a bulge at one side. Secondly the two recti muscles in the centre have a groove between them. As the child grows, puts on weight and the muscles are used you will not notice these changes.

The parents are right by not worrying about it as the doctor must have informed them.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your niece all the best.