2nd degree burn on skin of arm. Skin peeled off, veins in arm turned red. Had augmenting. Is infection still there?

i burned my skin to 2nd degree on my arm , about the size of 2 by 3 size. the skin peeled off leaving the wound exposed. I went to the doctor 2 days later when one of my veins in my arm turned red indicating an infection was spreading. They put me on 875 Aumentin every 12 hours and the streaking vein dissappeared over night. Now the area around the burn in turning red and hurts. I was wondering if my arms infection is still there? or if it is simply inflamed from the trauma trying to heal. I dont know if I should go to the ER
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012