29 year old having PCOS. Trying to conceive. Irregular menstruation with reduced spotting. Prescribed with clomiphene. Is it safe to take?

hello Dr., i am 29years old and been trying to conceive for 2 years now. last year my doctor said i have mild PCOS but all my lab tests were normal. she wanted to prescribe clomipehen, but my insurance does not cover clomiphene, so she said just keep on trying to conceive naturally. i recently bought clomiphene tablets from my friend. i dont know how to take it. my periods are still sometimes irregular, i just had light spotting (pink to reddish color) for 3 days from sept 16-sept 19. my LMP before that was aug 8. would you recommend me taking clomiphene or wait another cycle?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012