29 weeks pregnant, noticed brownish, dried up blood in underwear. Emergency?

Hi, I will be 29 weeks pregnant tomorrow & earlier I went to use the bathroom & noticed I had brownish, dried up blood in my underwear..I guess it happened earlier throughout the day but I never noticed it until I went to use the bathroom. After I used the bathroom, I wiped and wasn t bleeding . But I had a very light, light faint tint of pink on the toilet paper. Should I go to the hospital?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
Such mild brownish discharge/spotting is sometimes common during pregnancy, but should never be left uninvestigated.
It could be the sign of a low lying placenta, or internal bleeding within the fetus and placenta.
the only way to be sure is to have an examination by an obstetrician.
For your assurance and the baby's well being, I would advise you to visit the hospital.