29 weeks pregnant, having cough with dry phlegm. Is mucobron forte safe ?

hi im AA from philippines. im 29 weeks pregnant and now i am suffering in cough with dry plegm.what am i going to do?is mucobron forte capsule safe to take?my doctor prescribe me that medicine but when i check at the internet the side effect is not good for my little one. or im just paranoid to take medicines..please help.thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Hi xtin,
I praise you for your awareness, most of the drugs are harmful to be taken during pregnancy.
Mucobron Forte can be taken during pregnancy but if if you yourself get some problem or notice a decrease in fetal movements then it must be stopped and a gynecologist should be consulted.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.