28 year old with swelling in the feet. Could it be heart or kidney related?

I m a 28 year old male and I ve had an issue with my feet swelling up a lot, it s been happening off and on for about a year. They will particularly balloon in the afternoon and the skin is tight and it s very uncomfortable to walk around in shoes. in the mornings it s still swollen but not as much. There s no real pain, just the tightness of the skin and related pain from that when i walk in shoes. I ve tried reading up on what it could be but none of it really sounds like unless it s a heart issue or kidney or something else that could somehow have no other side effect.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Hi,welcome to HCM And
Thank You for the query.
I think it would not be genuine to just decide on the basis of given symptom.
firstly i would souggest you to diagnose whether its pitting or non pitting type of swelling?
Is it oedematous?
It may be due to hypertension?go for Blood Pressure measurement.
Go for Complete blood test.tell me more about your weight?
Is there any swelling under eyes?
Any Injury before ?
Any medication you are taking?
Any joint affected?

Provide us with more details for further guidance.
Hoping good health for you.
Many Thanks ,
Dr Shilpi Gupta