28 year old having intermittent pain in the testicular region. No lumps. Reason?

Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old and absolutely healthy with no medical history or problems. However, for the past few months I have been having intermittent pain in my left testicular region. It is not constant but keeps coming and going... I checked for lumps in the region but could not detect any. I have perfect passage of urine and do not suffer from erectile dysfunction . My sex life is regular and responsible. What could be the cause?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012