27 yrs old, suffering from frequent UTI's, belly button pains. How to prevent it from coming back ?

Hi I m 27, weigh 106 lbs and 5 1. I ve had many UTI s and never found the best solution to prevent it from coming back nor make it go away other than getting antibiotics . Every time I get it, my belly button hurts soo much especially when I pee. Right now, I am in a lot of pain. How come my belly button hurts and smells bad when I have UTI? Is it related or is there another problem too? I ve never been pregnant before and I know for sure I m not right now.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response
You are suffering from recurrent UTI. UTI is quite common in young women who are sexually active. Certain individuals inherently are more prone for UTI because of certain genetic make-up. Pain because of UTI is usually situated just above the pubis or in the flanks. You have to be evaluated for recurrent UTI with investigations like urine examination, kidney function tests, blood sugar level, Ultrasound of the abdomen. If no apparent cause is found you can follow certain measure to prevent it. Pass urine before and after intercourse, you may need to take one dose of antibiotic after intercourse. Consult a urologist.