27 year old having severe hair loss. Family history of baldness. Medication?

Hello I am 27 year old Male from New Delhi, India. My family from my Father s side have issues Of MPB but from my mothers side there is no such issue. Off lately from last 3-4 years the density of hairs on top of my head are reducing. This starts from my forehead upto the middle of the head, however i don t have any symptoms of receding hair line like my father had at my age. Now the skull is quite visible when i stand under a Light. I don not wish to get bald at such an age. Please suggest me how to avoid further hair loss and how to regrow the lost hairs up-to an extent. More over please suggest the brand of the medicine that you suggest.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012