27 year old having breathing problem. Prescribed with Montek LC for eosinophilia. History of asthma. ECG and blood test suggested. Should I wait?

I am 27 year old. I had breathing problem 3 months back. That time after one day i was feeling okay. it happened like this 3 or 4 months. but now i am felling the breathing problem for the past 5 days. I consulted a doctor and she said my heart beat and BP is normal. I don t have any past history of asthma . She gave me Montek LC( Montelukast 10 mg - for ten days- one for the night) and told me that it will be due to eosinophilia . After three days if the problems persist and if i am still feeling the same then she asked me to got for blood test and ECG. Is it okay to take Montek LC or whether i should directly go for the test?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013