26 year old with fatigue, muscle weakness, irritability, shortness of breath. Diagnosed with depression. Taking B12 injections. Why?

I am a 26 y/o female. I had been experiencing fatigue , muscle weakness , irrability, and shortness of breath for over a year before finally going to a Dr. My CBC came back normal so the Dr diagnosed me with depression and said the results of my other tests would be back in a few days.the next day I got a call saying my b12 level came back low and I needed to come in for injections . Although its very uncommon for this to be caused by diet she automatically assumed that was the cause until I told her I had problems with diarrhea so she then did an esr which came back elevated (29). What could be causing the b12 defiency and e,evaded esr?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013