26 weeks pregnant. Diabetic. Will this harm my baby?

Hello, I'm close to 26 weeks pregnant. My GYN Dr. just called me that my sugar test that I took yesterday came out high. IT was 212...she tells me I'm diabetic...of course this freaked me out. She told me to call her office tomorrow to come in soon to tell me what my next steps are. I feel like I went deaf is my baby at harm? is 212 very high?

Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Insulin resistance is common to all pregnant females but in few females this results in temporary diabetes called as gestational diabetes.There is nothing to worry as exercises,diet control and medications in some pregnancies can control the diabetes very well.Uncontrolled diabetes can cause birth defects and large sized babies but if blood sugar levels are controlled meticulously,no harm will be done to your child.
Be under the regular care of your treating doctor and every thing should be all right.Take proper care of your diet and do regular exercises as advised by your doctor.Dont hesitate for any medication,if your sugar levels are not controlled by diet and exercises.
Thanks