25 year old diagnosed with stage 5 IgA necropathy. Have kidney stones. elevated creatinine levels and high protein. Coulds this be reversed?

My son, age 25, was, in the past week, diagnosed with stage 5 Iga Necropathy. At first, since the onset was so sudden, they thought it was acute but upon performing a kidney biopsy , showed that the left kidney was atrophied. His creatinine levels were elevated to 800 and high protein . Can it be possible that while one kidney is atrophied that the other kidney have only temporary damage and can be reversed?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012