25 days old baby is not passing stool for 5 days.

hi how often baby do toilet ? my baby is 25 days old he didnt do toilet from last 5 days. he urinate every 1 or 2 hr but i m worried about he dont it normal ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Dear Anon,

Normal infants have extremely variable stooling habits. It is not unusual for some babies to open their bowels just once a week; the key to this problem is that if the child is not irritable or crying excessively, you need not worry. However, if she is irritable or crying a lot, you might want to administer a small dose of a laxative to help her open the bowel.