24 year old with painless lump in the throat. Started prilosec. History of smoking. Blood in cough. Cancer?

I am 24 yrs old, and have had a painless lump in my throat for a few months now. I think i have lprd, because when i eat or drink anything, i burp constantly and can feel bile rise into even my mouth sometimes. I started prilosec daily and tums every time i eat five days ago. With the bland, fat-free, meatless diet I've been eating, the reflux feels like it is gradually being relieved. However, my throat lump is still here. I can actually feel it- a raised, squishy-hard line of flesh across the bottom of my tongue (that area, i guess). I am a former smoker with 9 pack-years behind me. Quit 5 months ago because there was a tiny streak of blood in my cough. Never checked it out, but i am absolutely terrified that i have pharyngeal cancer. Aren't I too young?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013