23 year old feeling chills from lower legs upon lying down. Chances of a blood clot? Remedy?

My girlfriend is a 23 year old healthy girl. She is a vegetarian and is considered slightly bulimic however. She has one main issue and it deals with her laying down. She gets really bad chills typically from her knees down but sometimes it occurs all over. It’s very uncomfortable for her, to the point where she tries not to lay down after work or nap anymore. Do you have any idea what would cause this and more importantly, what would be a remedy? I just get scared that it could be a blood clot or something else serious based on what I’ve been reading. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013