22 yrs old/f has found E.Coli infection in her stool analysis. Is this dangerous & what should be done ?

Hello, I m 22 yr/f. I ve had a stool analysis and it showed an E.Coli infection, is this really dangerous? I usually have stomach cramps and yesterday i felt my temperature was a bit high plus eye burn. i sometimes have soft stool but not to the extent of diarrhea.a doctor prescribed me anti-diarrhea drug but i don t have diarrhea and usually i have constipation so i fear that this drug may cause me constipation. should i really about that E.Coli? isn t there any other anti-diarrhea drug to use? plus, I ve had urinary tract infections for such a long time but my last urine culture showed no bacteria.what should i do ? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sun, 16 Oct 2011