21 year old having cerebral palsy. Was on tegretol for a long period. Taking nexito, nitrosun and zefretol for depression. Did stopping tegretol cause depression?

my daughter is a cerebral palsied person. now she is aged 26. At the age of 6 she developed fits . she was continuously on medicines. Tegretol 200 mg ( morning and evening). At the age of her 21 we consulted a neurologist who requested us to slowly stop this after investigation through EEG and other tests. In the year 2009 she developed depression . We consulted 3 doctors ( phychiatrist). She is still in depression only. She is asking irrational and unwanted questions. Is it due to stoppage of Tegretol. She is now taking Nexito Forte, Nitrosun, zefretol. Are we going on the right track. How long she be on medicines.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012