21 year old, have itching on legs on getting out of shower, red dots on forehead, family member diagnosed with polycythemia vera. Can I have it?

My name is Maggie! I just turned 21. My dad just got diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera . I have all the symptoms for it especially the itching of the legs when I get out of the shower and red dots that occur on my forehead sometimes. I just got tested today for it but I won t get the results until a week. Is it possible a girl my age has it? My dad is 58.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012