21 month old, recently had bronchitis, laryngitis, on azithromycin. WBC 5.1, increased monocytes. Side effect of syrup ?

Hi. I am a mum to a 21 month old son, My son recently had bronchitis and laryngitis . The doctor started him on azithromycin as a precaution along with a cough syrup . I got the CBC done two days after starting the antibiotic and his WBC was 5.1 with a slight increase in monocytes level. The rest of the report was ok. Coud this be a result of the medication he is taking or smthing else?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012