20 years old and have irregular periods. Will this reduce chances of having children?

Hi I have had irregular periods since I was 11 or 12 I am now 20 and I still have irregular oeriods will this reduce my chances of having children in the future? I have been to my gp a couple of times in the past who just told me that its normal as I was a teenager and that I am still growing so they will take years to regulate. I have been on the pill last year which regulated my period but I have not taken it in a while. I am quite healthy as I am of an normal weight I needed to take iron tablets in the past because I was anaemic which I think got passed on tome by my mother. But mylast blood test results were that my iron was good. I Mm very worried and im wondering whether I am at risk of not having children compared to others who have always had regular periods.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013