20 year old with severe hair fall. Minoxidil and novophane prescribed. Any side effects?

Hi i am a 20 year old girl. for the past one year i have been facing severe hair loss. I do not have any genetical hair loss problem or any other illness. i was advised 2% salicylic acid first which caused side effects. the current dermatologist has recommended novophane plus and minoxidil 5% and bacadexamine. i just want to know whether this is right kind of medication and whether these could too cause harsh side effects.
(ps no dandruff problem. usage of salicylic acid caused peeling of scalp skin which stopped after usage of it)
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013