20 year old took i-pill after unprotected intercourse. What are the side effects of this medication?

hi.. I m 20 yrs old and i had sex with my boyfriend but he didnt ejaculated in me..after few hours i had an ipill. Also i am irregular in my periods for about 2 weeks. Will there be a major side effects of ipill at this age. I am also worried as to when will be my next period? Is there any chances of pregnancy after taking ipill
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Hello and welcome to HCM,     
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.
Please do not worry. If there was no ejaculation inside then there was no need of the I pill. But it may be taken as a precautionary measure in case some sperms were ejaculated in the vagina.

The side effects are mostly nausea and vomiting. Irregular periods or periods within a few days after taking the I pill are also common. There is no chance of pregnancy in your case. However it will be difficult to predict the periods in this case as you already have irregular periods. They may occur within a few days or follow their routine pattern.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology