20 weeks pregnant with abdominal cramping and vaginal discharge. Pregnancy test came negative. Is it a symptoms of miscarriage?

hello, I believe i am 20 weeks pregnant and i am relatively new to the area i live in justi n the past year so i have not established doctors in the area.. recently i went to emergency in the area i used to live in about 45 mins away due to abdominal crmaping.. i thought i had had an early miscarriage .. because i had seen some strange discharge and the cramps were unusually bad for me.. the er did a pregnancy test which was negative.. and also did an exam.. at that point he said he believed i was pregnant and we tried to figure out when ectera.. this was about a month ago.. I have been trying to get an appointment here in the area but the earliest could get is december 7th, I am ok waiting.. but this is my first pregnancy and i am 36 years old.. i just wanted to know if there is any concern in waiting that long to be seen or if it is ok to wait.. I have increased my water consumption and i am taking vitamins .. as i have noticed some increased night time dehydration .. but other than that i have no real symptoms other than kicks every few days... I checked with my mom and she said she never made the hormone either and always had to wait and see herself.. so i am pretty sure I am pregnant.. and the only time i had sex was in july so it would have to have been the first week of july.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012