20 weeks pregnant having thyroid , will it effect the baby's development ?

Need Help Please! I am 20 weeks along and recent blood tests showed TSH at 5.5. On knowing that it could be a concern I did my research and found out that it could impact the baby s development. I requested my previous reports which state. Before conception TSH 4.79 10 weeks TSH 5.05 FT4 12 20 week TSH 5.5 FT4 8.5 My caregivers never expressed any concern on these numbers but now I am super worried for my baby development. My doctor (on my insistence) ordered New FT4 to determine the thyroxine dosage at this point. However she feels it not too much to worry about since its within the range. My lab uses .02-6 range. Any word of advice and any estimation on negative impacts on baby?My older child has mild aspergers. I am considering pregnancy termination in case my it increases the baby s risks of having developmental issues.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011