20 month old kid, low iron, healthy, excessive drinking. Sign of diabetes?

i have a20month old son,he does have low iron,not a real issue as its not wicked low,aside from this hes completely.healthy!!recently like the last month ive noticed hez.drinkin excessively ,shows no.oter symptoms that i am notucing.i know it can b a sign of diabetes ,and i do have a upcoming appt.2check thiz issue out but wondered if there where any other signs along wih the excessive thirst that are typical symptoms of a person or child whos diabetic??and is excessive thirst a symptom of any other dieseases,conditions or illnesses??any info woulbe apprecuated greatly thanks:)
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012