I have suffered myself varying skin disorders that have become erratic, unpredictable and and life destroying in the last 4 yrs so I can sympathise whole heartedly with all of you- I can relate. I cant tell you the answer but in my quest for sanity, like you I have turned to the only thing I had, the internet, and as one does when one is house bound and not getting any answers from any "doctors", I decided that no one else knew - or cared enough- to get to the bottom of this extremely complex issue and started keeping a log and coinciding photo diary to help show the extreme stages that seemed to be a cycle of some kind. Anyway in my research a few things came up that could be helpful for you to look into, maybe even to just to exlude from the list of possibilities, a few of these may seem like a minor irritation compared to what your going through BUT things like these that have 'stages' as such ,are on going and come and go with new and old symptoms, are obviously part of a process that at any 1 time can be triggered by ANY external irritant and start a process of immune overreactivity so much so that after the first 'episode' whatever 'it' is can almost become self sustaining, if the external irritant is something in our everyday lives that normally we wouldnt react to or havnt in the pastbut due to a low immunity and a system on over sensitised drive, at that first stage is percieved as an enemy by your immune system which then sends wrong messages like all auto immune issues ultimately resulting inyour body essentially becoming its own attacker - without even the need for an external factor anymore. I hope Im making sense anyway im just going to make a short list point list with namesand no descriptions or ill be here all year and you can look into each ill make 2 lists the first being the triggers or instigating sources and the second chronic disorders I hope I help at least 1 person even if its so you you dont feel so alone, Im no doctor,but I know more about my body than any Ive ever seen and Ive seen ALOT, and I have more invested in my search for answers than just my own health and sanity.
-bird lice/ mites or any other mite including body lice
- allergic flea or insect dermatitis
- tick or mosquito spread diseases
- poison ivy or other allergic skin disorder from an external source
- glass/ asbestos fibres from various and surprising sources such as roofing and wall and floor insulation, fibreglass boats, any place where construction uses such materials that you could come in contact second hand , third hand etc through ppl and their workplace,a car or public transport, a pet,clothing,laundry,
REMEMBER just because it doesnt effect them doesnt mean it wont effect you and thus you can be unwittingly re exposed over and over and not realise
-infection,skin, bacterial,parasitic,fungal etc
- pets, everything they get you are exposed to also but may effect humans differently
- infectious disease that effects skin or immunity severely,eg,chicken pox
, glanndular fever, mumps,
- chronic and /or accute underlying skin disorders
- mould spores, heavy metals or chemical toxicity, air borne and soil contaminants like pesticides, lead etc
- drug or medication reaction sometimes these are not immediate or consistant
- eczema herpeticum
- prurigo noddularis
- hepatitis/hiv/ liver or renal disease/
- "ID" reaction
- human papoloma virus
- small pox
- bullious pemphigoid
- pustular miliaria
-lichen simplex chronicus
- nummular dermatitis-discoid eczema
- food allergy
Cutis Carcinoides Gottron-Eisenlohr
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- allergic vasculitis
Good luck, we have good days, we have bad days, but at least we have them.
ps for treatment of itch , wounds,etc, ive tried alot I found these are best sometimes i mix them or alternate them.
-high strength pro biotic eg gastro health
- - tea tree oil, cream, ointment
- any cream with lignocain, soove, mediplus, anusol, urax,
-paste of baking soda
- medi honey cream
- moo goo eczema and psoraisis balm
- olive leaf extract
- colloidal silver and silver sulfodiazonine cream/ dressings
- oatmeal bath or poultice
- wet wraps
- epsom salts baths are great for itch, inflamed skin and drawing the poison out of your skin.
- knee high socks- some reason they reduce irritation or habit scratching as not so easy access
anti biotic cream
steroid cream /ointment- i try to avoid these as i have used so many over the yrs ,they have their place in treatment and at other times wont have any positive effect.
- oral antihistamine,drowsy and non drowsy
- give a box of ALL your 'instruments' tweezers scalpels, needles, blades, etc be honest now- to a friend for safe keeping,cut your nails as short as you can without it hurting.
-try and avoid having time to inspect, itch, scratch, pick, cut, whatever it takes, you know your triggers, i had to not close the bathroom /loo door, or i would wear white clothing, things like that do help gain control in an acute attack, because the more out of control you feel the more you will behave that way and usually do a terrible amount of damage in a very short time then feel even worse.
-join an online support group, these conditions make you feel isolated and alienated
not having to feel ashamed and recieving realistic support has such a positive impact on your selfesteem which if possible is the thing that suffers the most -even more than your skin.
- pls give feedback on anything ive said or add any tried and true REAL methods of coping for others to read and not feel so isolated. We will get through this, it may never leave us,but it wont ever beat us.
bye for now ppl. happy days 8-)