2 year old with reddish bumps on the abdomen and thighs. Diagnosed with impetigo. Any suggestions?

I have a 2 yr old son who has fairly sensitive skin . He has developed small red bumps on his lower abdomen , diaper area and his thighs. He also has some red rash spots on his cheeks. We were informed today that there has been a child at his daycare has been diagnosed with Impetigo . After looking at pictures it doesn t look like what he has. Any suggestions on what it could be and if he should be seen by a dr. ?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013