2 year old with itchy reddish eyes, bulging near the eyeball. Cromal eye drops not working. Advice?

My two and a half year old son had redness in his eyes from about 10 days. It started with parts of one eye, with slight bulges near the eyeballs. It started itching him after one week, and he started rubbing his eyes. No tears , no yellow discharge , no runny nose . A paediatrician prescribed cromal eye drops and ocurest eye drops three days back for a week. Since yesterday, the redness and the itching seems to have increased. Please advise. Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013