2 year old with headaches and being cold, loss of appetite. family history of hypothyroidism and diabetes. Concerned

My two and a half year old has been complaining of headaches and of being cold. Hie appetite has been hit or miss for the last week or so. He has been potty trained since January, but has been having more frequent acicidents daily. He has been getting up between 3 and 4 a.m. four out of the last five nights saying he was hungry. This morning I checked his blood sugar and it was 101. I ( his mother) have diabetes and hypothyroidism. His symptoms are similar to both condition. Thyroid problems run in my family, but I am the only Type 1. Should I have him checked for either or something completely different?

Thank you so much for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013