2 year old with dry rough hands. Reddish spots with itching. What is causing this?

my 2 year old sons hands are very dry rough, like plastic & peeling in little patches . His feet are also dry but not peeling & have tiny red spots & he has complained of both itching his feet more so then his hands. No noticeable fever or cold or change in attitude prior to this. Also 1 year old younger brother doesnt have anything like it but does have a cold.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The dry, rough hands and feet may be due to a fungal infection.
In children who play in water continuously are prone for fungal infections of the hands and feet.
They present with dry and itchy, peeling patches of the skin.
Topical antifungal application will cure the conditions.
So I advise you to consult your Pediatrician for the diagnosis and treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.