2 year old, stomach pain, fever, mucus in stools. Stool test done. Treatment?

2 year old Granddaughter has been having a temperature and stomach pain with swelling and crying a lot so much that she was taken to the emergency room as her Doctor s office said to do. When she had a bowel movement her stool had lots of little round things all in it that resemble small round gel things (like the fish, garlic or vitamin E oil capsules but a little smaller) in it and if pressure is put on them they pop and a pus like fluid comes out; this has happened in her last 2 bowel movements. The Emergency room Doctor on call sent a stool sample out for testing. When my daughter took my granddaughter to her Doctor for the results he told her the test came back fine and showed her but my daughter pointed out that was a test ordered over a year ago, then the Doctor left and never came back, my granddaughter was his last patient of the day, he left but left a prescription for some antibiotics which our pharmacist wouldn t fill because it is the kind administered in IV form only and such a high dose is never even given to a child! (2nd mistake of of a written prescription) So my daughter called the hospital and was told that the results were in but they couldn t give her the results with out consent from my granddaughters doctor AND added that they were sorry but they can tell her that the Doctor has not received the results yet because he has no fax and they have not been mailed out as of yet. So can anyone Please let us know if you have experienced any such thing in your child s stool. Oh, and she is changing Doctors.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012