2 year old not urinating for a whole day. Dark hard stool. anything to be worried?

my 2 year old hasnt peed in about 24 hours and has had only one dark thick cake like consistency poop yesterday. Should I be concerned? No tenderness in his abdomen , not irritable, i cut the last diaper in half long way to see if he had peed and I missed it. There was another dry diaper. 10am- now. Put him in the tub with about 1/4 inch water and ran warm water on him and he still hasnt gone.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The common cause of not passing urine in a otherwise healthy child is decreased oral intake of fluids or hot weather outside.
Try to give plenty of water and liquids like fruit juices. After give oral fluids they will pass urine.
Hope you got the answer for your query,.