2 year old, knee injury, bruise, movable lump on knee, pain on touching. Treatment?

My 2 year old is pretty adventurous and has fallen on her knees quite a few times, the last time she fell on stairs at daycare and had a very nasty bruise for weeks. I just noticed yesterday that she now has a movable BB sized lump on her knee. It floats freely and hides at times and at times is very prominent and looks as though it could pop through her skin. She says it hurts when you touch it, what could it be?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012