2 year old having frequent fever, gum blisters and pain in the groin area. Loss of appetite. Testicles not descended. Hand foot mouth disease?

My 2 year old grandson has been having fevers ranging from 100-102.8., white blisters on his gums, pain in his groin area and no appetite for 3 days now. we took him to the hospital yesterday and they said just a viral infection ...sent him home with temp of 101.8. called Doc and she said could be flu even though swab was neg. They told us through the ultrasound, that his testicles haven t dropped so that is what the pain is. today fever has been up all day and Doc cannot figure it out. She now says it is probably Hand Foot Mouth and gave him a shot. Help please...he is soooo sick.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013