2 year old having eating problems, underweight. Concerned about not having a balanced diet. Blood test showing anemia

Hi Doctor I have a 2 year old grandaughter who is a very picky eater and is very underweight ... She doesnt ever have a proper meal...we have tried preparing different kinds of foods for her, but she just refuses... she likes nibbling on things like nuts ,sev,popcorn,sweets ( in small quantities). I am really concerned that she is not having a balanced diet! We have taken her to a pediatrician who did some blood tests and advised us that she is anaemic - he prescribed some meds ( it was quite a mission to get her to drink them!), he also suggested that we give her a meal replacement (Pediasure). She drinks her formula( not more that 150ml at a time) about 3 times a day. I am really concerned about her! please help... Shanaaz
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012