2 year old, fever, sweating, sneezing. Kidney ultrasound prescribed. Causes for symptoms?

Hello Doctors! My son is 24 mo and in the past 3 weeks he has been running a low grade fever (99.9-100.8 rectally). He also sweats almost all day, hoewer after his nap he wakes up all wet. He doesn t have fever in the morning, but around 5-6 in the evening he has. He sneezes here and there, but no bad runny nose or congestion. He has a good appetite , and a lot of energy still. I m just worried he has some other disease. The peds doctor suggested, if he gets sick again (this fever thing has been going on for a long time), we should get a loabwork and a possible kidney ultrasound done. Do you have any suggestion? Please, let me know! Worried Mom
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012