1st degree burn, fast and effective way to heal

Me and my friend did the salt and ice challenge 3 days ago and we still have red marks on our arms. 1e realise how stupid we are and know never to do it again. I have done my research and with the symptoms and the way the mark feels and looks I have discovered it to be a 1st degree burn , will this in any way scar and how long will it take to disapear completely. Is there any fast and effective way to quicken the process of healing and how long before the redness goes away.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. thanks for the query.
1st degree burns heal with no scarring so you dont have to be worried. You just need to be patient.There is no some specific way to speed up healing process and no creams are necessary. Just keep this area clean and dry,cover it with sterile gauze in next several days. redness should subside in 4-5 days. Dont do such things in future since more serious consequances may happen. Wish you good health. Regards