19yrs old with dull knee pain, triggered pain when standing long. What may be the reason for pain?

Hello I am a 19 year old college student. I used to play sports in high school. So my problem is that sometimes I have random dull pains in my both of my knees. It is mostly triggered when standing for a long time, knees being bent for a period of time, and after working out or walking for a long period of time. Can you give me an brief explanation? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
It difficult to give you a diagnosis based on the information you have provided. There are many different causes of knee pain and a physician usually makes a diagnosis based on the site, character, intensity, timing, duration of the pain as well as associated features such as clicking, locking, swelling and giving way in the knee joint. The physical examination often helps to pinpoint the problem and then X-rays and or an MRI or CT scan can help make the diagnosis. I would encourage you to go to your family Dr so he can assess your knees.