18 weeks fetus has a cyst on brain and a possible calcium deposit on or in the kidney

Abnomalities in fetus at 18 weeks to include cyst in brain , possible cleft lip and more I am so worried is there any way you can help? My daughter had an ultrasound today and it showed a cyst in the baby s brain, a possible cleft lip and a possible calcium deposit on or in the kidney . I had a sister that was born with a meningicele at the base of her neck that contained brain matter and also hydrocephaly she also had spina bifida and was severely retarded - she died at 20 and she sat always with her legs crossed. I only mention the legs because I read somewhere that it was a sign of trisomy 13. I think maybe my sister had trisomy 13 or 18 but it was never diagnosed or maybe was not known in 1959. I need to be prepared to help my daughter because I am afraid the baby has trisomy 18 or trisomy 13. They are sending her for another ultrasound that contains a 2 but I need to be ready if the news is what I think it is. The baby is very active - moves a lot and from what I have read they aren t usually active. My daughter is around 20 weeks along. Please do you know if the tech and OB could have read the pictures wrong? Do you know if the unusual findings on the ultrasound are definite symptoms of trisomy? Thank You. My name is Laurie
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011