18 month old child, having fever, congestion, cough. On amoxicillin for acute sinus. Adenoid surgery done. Causes for nose bleeds?

My 18 month old started with a fever for 3 days, went to dr. On Friday, and was congested. By Monday we returned to the dr. Because he worsened over the weekend with the congestion and coughing and not eating...only would drink his milk. He has a lot of blood coming from his nose now as we clear it. He had adenoid surgery about two months ago. He started amoxicillin yesterday for acute sinus infection but bloody nose has not stopped. Should we call his dr. Again or is the blood a normal symptom? We are clearing his nose for him but worried about the blood symptom.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012