18 month old baby have Epilepsy ,will she recover completely ?

Hello Doctor, I have a 18 month old daughter and a month back or so she started showing signs of epilepsy. She used to stare for a few seconds and then get back to whatever she was doing. Then she started moving her right hand in a weird way. Initially I thought she was sleepy as it happened during night just before her sleep time. Now she does that during the day, i.e. in the afternoon closer to her nap time and after that she goes off to sleep. Could she have Epilepsy and if she has, will she recover completely. My brother had seizures when he was a baby. It went away before he was 1 year old. My aunt(mother's sister) has seizures. It started when she was around 20 years old. She still has the acute form of it. We live in the US. Your response and advise is highly appreicated. Thanks in advance. Worried Mom and Dad.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Jul 2010