17 year old want to increase height. Will it help if I change my exercise regime?

Hey, I am 1.61 cm tall (5 feet 4) and i ve been going to gym for 6 months.This month i got 17. I trained hard and got in best shape of my life. My chest , legs, arms are bigger that any person my age but i haven t grown any inch.Do you think that gym affected my heigh? My parents are 1.60(mom) and 1.73 (dad). Do you think that i may grow any inch anymore? I never took suplements, just ate alot of eggs , meat, vegetables, milk and cheese. Do you think that i should switch from gym to swimming? Or just continue my trainings at the gym? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Height depends upon various factors and one of the very important factor is your genes.
If your parents are short you tend to get less height.
However their is nothing to despair as a male keeps on increasing his height till the age of 21 to 22 years.It is at this age that epiphysis of long bones fuse and further increase of height is very minimal.
You must carry on with your current exercise regime and have good nutritious diet consisting of green veggies,fresh fruits,nuts etc.
Have proper sleep in night and avoid smoking and drugs.
You shall definitely attain more height.
Keep it up.